- The Morimoto Elite Systems have earned their reputation amongst many as the aftermarket’s best set of HID’s. We urge you to check out the specs below, read the reviews, and then ask yourself whether your ability to see well while driving at night is worth saving a couple bucks?
- Designed in California by Morimoto’s engineer, Yoshi Ishida, the Morimoto XB 2.0 HID Ballasts are just as good looking on the outside as they are well-engineered on the inside. They are available in both 35w and 50w versions, use proprietary software by the pros at Hylux paired with packaging perfection from the masters at Morimoto. This is today’s most modern iteration of a model that has sold more than half a million units since inception, and we don’t think it can really get any better!
XB HID BULBS:
- Homegrown by Morimoto to out-perform any alternatives on the market when installed in fog lights–and it shows. We admit the latest generation XB HID are pretty impressive when compared to other bulbs, and even older Morimoto bulbs. At the heart of the XB bulbs is their perfectly-aligned 100% Philips quartz glass capsule that houses high quality halide salts from German-supplier Messer. In our annual lux comparison test, they produced nearly the same lumin Osity (intensity) as the industry benchmark Osram CBI bulbs at 5500K. No, you’re not seeing things here, but yes you will be seeing everything at night.
- As one of the most important parts in any HID lighting upgrade; don’t skimp out when it comes to your wiring. It doesn’t matter how good your ballasts are. How good your bulbs are. If your harness is a piece of crap, when it gives out your fog lights are gonzo. Morimoto’s harnesses are the best on the market and easily worth their premium price compared to cheaper alternatives. No matter which one is right for your application, the harness features triple-sealed central relay packs, 14ga stranded copper wiring, over-molded fittings, and plug-n-play functionality. This will ensure everything properly (and permanently) works with your vehicle’s original in-cabin controls.
OPTIONAL CANBUS HARNESSES:
- Instead of a traditional relayed harness that draws power from the battery, Morimoto’s Standalone Canbus harnesses use two individual sub-harnesses to keep a load on the factory wiring. Recommended for vehicles that recognize when a bulb is out, these contain a series of capacitors and resistors to trick the car into thinking nothing has changed and help you avoid annoying “bulb out” warnings. We generally recommend them for use on most modern European applications instead of normal harnesses since they do a great job at providing stable power to the ballasts and canceling any warnings.
- Let’s not forget the 5-year warranty on the entire kit*. The Elite system is designed to run for 2500 hours, so that’s what it’s guaranteed for. Don’t buy into empty promises from other places offering BS “lifetime” warranties. Nothing lasts forever, and if you think “the other guy” will be there to pick up the phone or even stay in business long enough to assist you when there’s a problem; guess again! [*XB55 880 HID kits have a 3 year warranty]
- BALLASTS: 2x (One Pair) Morimoto XB HID Ballasts
- BULBS: 2x (One Pair) 880 Morimoto XB HID Bulbs
- WIRING: 1x Morimoto HD Relay or 2x Standalone Canbus
- OPTIONAL ACCESSORY: Morimoto Capacitor Link
- WARRANTY: 5 Years (35w) or 3 Years (50w)(Click for Details)
- BASE/FITMENT: H8
- APPLICATION: HID and LED bulbs are street legal in the USA for Fog Light use only. Not compliant with DOT / FMVSS108 and not street legal in the USA for Headlights. Legal for off-road use in Snowmobile and ATV headlights and off-road racing use only auxiliary or forward lighting. International street legality varies by country. For detailed clarification on street use, CLICK HERE Note: This usage regulation is not unique to Morimoto bulbs. All LED and HID bulbs from all other brands, regardless of marketing claims, are prohibited from street use in halogen headlights in the USA. To find street legal LED headlight assemblies, CLICK HERE
- HOMOLOGATION ECE: NO
- DOT/SAE/FVMSS108: NO (NOT STREET LEGAL IN HEADLIGHTS IN USA)
There are no reviews yet.