2015 starts an all new design era inside and out for the iconic Mustang. For the first time ever, since it’s introduction over 50 years ago, the Ford Mustang will be available around the globe! Gone are the days of the solid rear axle, as an independent rear suspension has found its way into the car for the first time in a decade. Combine all the technology the Ford Engineers have packed into this platform, along with a wide variety of engine choices, and this car will be a popular choice among tuners worldwide.
The question is where do you start? First and foremost, we suggest doing away with that monster truck stance. Sure you could get low with lowering springs or coilovers, but do you really want to worry about scraping or dealing with the harsh ride quality from traditional lowering methods? Our ALP engineering staff set out to produce the best, no compromise lowering solution for the S550, and they nailed it!
For starters we mated our compact double bellows air spring onto 30-level damping adjustable, monotube, threaded body struts with independent ride height adjustment. To keep your alignment straight, we top off the struts with adjustable camber plates made of T6061 red anodized aluminum. They utilize high quality spherical bearings for precise damper response and steering feel while providing up to 3 degrees of negative camber adjustment. We have even included shorter sway-bar end links to give you the most complete and lowest option for your Pony. Throw all this together and you come up with a front suspension that will allow you to go 5″ below stock!
To emphasize the performance capabilities of the all new independent rear suspension we replace the coil springs with smooth-riding double bellows air springs giving you a total of 5.1″ drop from factory. To help you stay firmly planted in the curves, and put big power to the ground, we provide 30-level damping adjustable, monotube threaded body shocks to compliment the front.
It’s not all about fancy parts and a show-stopping stance, though. This suspension was designed on the race track with handling prowess topping the list of development goals. Not only will the air springs give you a smooth, progressive spring rate under hard driving, but the 30 levels of damping adjustment really allow you to fine-tune the ride and give you the handling you want. Go from a smooth, comfortable ride to race-car-stiff handling with the twist of the knobs. What does this mean, exactly? It means you can have a pleasant drive to the track, change a couple of settings, and carve corners with the best of them. It also means that steep driveways and speed bumps will no longer make you cringe. With the push of a button, you can raise the car to factory height and clear pretty much any obstacle that comes along.
Detailed instructions will help you get your Mustang slammed within a few short hours. If you have the ability to wire a stereo or swap out suspension parts, you should have no problem installing Air Lift Performance air suspension. If you do run into a snag with installation, the Air Lift Performance tech support team is top-notch and can walk you through any questions you may have.
In order to bring to market the most durable air suspension products possible, Air Lift Performance tortured the components of this kit to 1 million cycles (equivalent to approximately 100,000 miles) on our hydraulic test rig at temperatures from -30 deg F to 150 deg F. Couple this test lab work with thousands of miles of on-road testing — not to mention the one-year manufacturer’s warranty — and this is a kit you can count on to handle whatever the road throws down!
Isn’t it time you had the option of getting a killer lowered look without giving up ride quality and having to worry about scraping your ride? Ditch the springs and get to an entirely new level of low.
- 2015-2019 Ford Mustang Fastback (all models and engines*)
- 2015-2019 Ford Mustang Convertible (all models and engines*)
- *Rear kit, part #78621, does not fit GT350 and GT350R models
NOTE: Does not fit vehicles with Magnetic Ride Control
- Modifications Req. Front: NONE
- Modifications Req. Rear: NONE
CALIFORNIA WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Air Management Selection:
- 3p Pressure
- Air Lift Performance 3 Controller
- Free Mobile App
- Fully Integrated Manifold – Combines ECU, Pressure Manifold, Bluetooth Module into one compact Design.
- 5 Custom Presets
- Show mode – Turn your vehicle off and continue to control your air management via the controller or free mobile app
- Rise On Start
- Installation hardware, Air Line, Harness, Compressor (Viar 444c), Tank Included
- 3H Pressure Height Control
- All of the above features plus:
- Height sensing technology giving the vehicle to automatically adapt to changing road conditions
- Anti-Cross Loading Axle Equalization – with the combination of pressure and height sensing technology, 3H can achieve the correct height without radical difference in pressure
- Down to basics. These kits include a the main ECU brain & optional controller. Other components such as a compressor, tank, airline, and installation hardware available separately.
- Bluetooth App Compatible
- Built In Bluetooth
- Custom Presets 3
- No Rise to start option